- Extension of M&A strategy – acquisition of the online portal MMOGames.com enlarges the portfolio of portals
- gamigo’s subsidiary adspree media expands its position in influencer marketing
- adspree and ProSiebenSat.1 agree upon marketing cooperation in games advertising
– gamigo AG (“gamigo”, bond ISIN: DE000A1TNJY0) continues to drive its growth and acquires the successful international gaming portal MMO Games (www.mmogames.com) from iQU Online B.V. as part of its capital-friendly, platform-driven M&A strategy. This English website perfectly complements the group’s existing portfolio of gaming portals with its editorial content and a strong social media segment. MMO Games was formed in 2007 as MMO Hub and has more than 280,000 registered users and 800,000 page impressions per month. This acquisition significantly increases adspree’s attractiveness for advertising customers and further internationalizes its offering especially for the US market.
The main focus for the near future will be on optimizing the portal for partners and improving monetarisation. The highly experienced international editorial team will continue to create the content consisting of numerous reviews, news and background articles. The integration of MMO Games into gamigo group’s portal portfolio creates a wide range of synergy effects with regard to editorial content, platform and marketing. iQU will continue to sell the brand inventory on MMOGames as an agency on an exclusive basis.
By further developing its influencer marketing segment, gamigo’s subsidiary adspree is also establishing a ground-breaking, effective and state-of-the-art element in its marketing mix. By setting up a dedicated team, the gamigo subsidiary has already been able to achieve major successes and a high level of efficiency in performance-oriented influencer marketing. Focusing on the promising segment of influencer marketing opens up additional potential in terms of topicality and user approach – with target-oriented campaigns geared towards optimizing the efficiency of user acquisition. Further investments in this segment are already being planned.
Moreover, with immediate effect the gamigo subsidiary adspree media offers bundle propositions for online and TV advertising spaces within the games segment together with ProSiebenSat.1. With this marketing cooperation, adspree enhances its offerings with a high-quality TV product that fits the 360-degree approach perfectly and is suitable for both brand-oriented and performance-oriented customers.
Dr. Oliver Gediehn, CEO of adspree Media GmbH: “Due to the strategic alliance with ProSiebenSat.1 we are excellently equipped for the future and can offer an end-to-end marketing package. MMO Games is a further key addition to our portfolio of portals, enabling us to approach the international target groups most relevant for our advertising partners in new and better ways.”
About the gamigo group
The gamigo group is one of the leading gaming companies in Europe and North America with more than 100 million registered user accounts and around 300 staff members in Hamburg, Berlin, Münster, Darmstadt (Germany), Chicago (USA) and Seoul (Korea). Apart from gamigo AG, the group consists of, among others, Aeria Games, Infernum, Intenium, adspree and GameSpree. The company functions as a publisher for free-to-play mobile and online games and also offers solutions for business customers within the scope of the gamigo platform strategy. The gamigo platform helps game publishers and developers from all over the world publish and promote their products efficiently and cost-effectively. The company’s core portfolio is comprised of successful games like Aura Kingdom, Desert Operations, Dragon’s Prophet, Echo of Soul, Fiesta Online, Goal One, Last Chaos, Shaiya, The Rats and Twin Saga. As early as in the year 2000, gamigo published the first MMOG that was completely localized into German. gamigo strives to grow its business organically as well as via acquisitions and has performed 15+ M&As since 2013, including companies specializing in games and technology as well as individual game assets.
About adspree Media GmbH
adspree media GmbH (formerly SevenGames Network) is a leading marketing platform for games developers and operators who are looking for successful channels to attract new players. Our aim is to turn our partners’ amazing games into commercial success stories. Our 360-degree approach allows us to support our partners with the full spectrum of constructive user acquisition, including:
- premium placements on our own top-rating gaming portals such as Browsergames.de, SevenGames.com, Super-Jeux.fr, ProSiebenGames.de and Sat1Spiele.de
- TV advertising in cooperation with our strategic alliance partner ProSiebenSat.1
- influencer campaigns tailored to individual requirements
- performance-based acquisition using carefully chosen quality partners.
Adspree media GmbH is an independently operating gamigo group subsidiary with ca. 30 employees.
Axel Mühlhaus / Dr. Sönke Knop
Tel.: +49 -(0)69-905505-52